Germ Spreaders and Drama (Shocking I Know)...

So we caught the stomach flu.  Viral Gastroenteritis.  You know the kind right? The going at both ends, afraid to leave the bathroom and you want to curl into the fetal position and die?  Ok. That kind.  For reals, man, I'm not kidding you, this was one of the worst bouts of it I've ever had in my life and I've had it probably 10 times.  Gross, I know, but I was indeed, once one of the dreaded germ spreaders too.

My 7 year old, soon to be 8 in January, is a disgusting sick person in general and even more so when it's the throw up kind.  He made it to the bathroom a few times, that's the best I can say for him.  He made it all over the bathroom a few times too if you know what I mean.  He's gross.  I don't clean that up, my husband does because frankly, I can't handle that kind of thing, it gives me panic attacks.  So anyway, Maxwell got it first.  My darling husband cleaned up after him, but he wanted his mommy for comfort, so he came and cuddled up to me as often as he could.  And how the hell could I say no to my sick kid wanting a hug? So of course I woke up an hour after going to sleep sick.  And spent the night, quite literally on the bathroom floor.  It was awful and I still feel like total shit. Honestly, I'm barely making it through the post without tossing my cookies.  Moving on...

Maxwell got so bad that  we ended up having to take him to the ER.  He was fine, got some anti nausea meds to quit throwing up so he could rehydrate at home and got sent home.  My mom threw a fit at me.  She totally freaked out that I was so concerned.  The truth was, I looked in the toilet and saw his vomit had streaks of blood in them.  I freaked out.  I thought he needed to be seen sooner rather than later.  My mom is my mom and I love her but we don't always see eye to eye on things.  She didn't agree that it was quite as emergent and was rather rude about the whole thing. I lost my shit and yelled at her and we got into a dramatic fight and she hasn't spoken to me since.  Um...mature I know. If not for calling a very great friend I don't know what I would have done that night.  I'm so very grateful for that.  I know that they're right and I need to be the better person.  But I'm just not the bigger person right now.  I just don't have the energy today to take the crap I'll have to take to apologize first.  I know I'll have to eventually, but I just couldn't manage it today.  The sooner the better, I know, it's like a thorn in my foot.

So Maxwell went back to school today and says he's feeling better and I hope he is.  I'm not feeling fantastic but I'm trying like hell to fake it.  I ended up losing the 12 or so pounds I had managed to put back on.  It has definitely affected my energy level, but I'm trying to push through that for the sake of everyone.  They can't handle it when I'm not on my game at all, too many things slip through the cracks!

Oh and the blood, was irritation in Maxwell's throat from so much vomiting.  Where as it wasn't something that was life threatening, at the time, if it had continued it would have been. At present I'm awaiting time someone else gets it.  I hope no one does, but I have a bad feeling.  Or maybe that's just my nausea?  I hope Still nursing Phiz is giving him the antibodies and he won't get it at all, but I don't know.  And I REALLY hope Ronnie doesn't get it, he's gross when he's sick, but above all, we just count on him too damn much.

Anyway, I'm not feeling peak, so I'm going to go ahead and close here and just advise everyone that ginger tea and lots of it and honey if you can stand it and can have it has been really helpful while we had this bug.  I hope you don't get it, but if  you do that's the only advice I've got.  And get a big bowl :( You'll understand why if you get it.  And I'm really sorry, because I wouldn't wish these stomach bugs on my worse enemy!
Until next time...
J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Ago In A Land Far Away...

I Don't Know Who You Are, I Don't Know What You Want, But I Have a Very Particular Set of Skills...

Tik Tok Goes The Clock...